Joint Ops International Conflict Mod 4.18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Joint Ops International Conflict Mod 4.18

Post  AKMARK5000 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Joint Ops International Conflict Mod 4.18 Features:

- A C4 Airplane that is a fully decorated armory and it is a take able spawn point
- Destroyable items and objects such as walls, buildings, small gates, doors, armories, bunker armories
- Working antiaircraft guns and trucks fitted with cannons
- Tanks that shoot nukes and drivable flat tanks that act as moving spawn points
- Climbable rope that map makers can place anywhere (ie. trees) and jet skis with mounted guns
- Flyable medavacs (medical helicopters), medical tents and even medical AI.

There is much more but those are the highlights.

IC 4.18 Mod Install:

First, you’ll want the full installation package… "IC Mod for JO V4.1.2 Full Install" and
the upgrade patch… "IC Mod for JO V4.1.2 to 4.1.8 Patch". Note that I downloaded these from DFReload.com, where no registration is necessary to download.

==> http://www.dfreload.com/forum/files.php?action=category&id=27

Go to your original Joint Ops Typhoon Rising folder, which is inside the Novalogic folder. Make a copy of it and place the copy below the original Joint Ops Typhoon Rising folder. So, you have two folders:

1. Original => Joint Ops Typhoon Rising
2. Copy => Copy of Joint Ops Typhoon Rising.

Next rename the original folder to Org Joint Ops Typhoon Rising and rename the copy to Joint Ops Typhoon Rising. So, you have two folders:

1. Renamed Original => Org Joint Ops Typhoon Rising
2. Renamed Copy => Joint Ops Typhoon Rising.

Now go ahead and install the IC Mod 4.12. This takes a little while depending on the computer (for me… 45-50 minutes). You get a light colored progress box and then a black DOS box appears for a while. This is normal… no worries.

When completed, the black box will change back to the light progress box. A shortcut called JO IC Mod is made… ignore it, but do not delete because you will need its path code later. Anyway, click the close/finish button.

Now go ahead and install the IC Mod 4.18. This takes less time to process, (for me… 3 minutes). You get a light colored progress box and then a black DOS box appears for a while. This is normal… no worries. Like last time, when completed the black box will change back to the light progress box. You may encounter a “shortcut” error like I did… ignore it and click “ok” on it. Overall, click the close/finish button on the progress box..

Move the Joint Ops Typhoon or not (I’ve a separate drive for games so I did move it). Regardless of what you do, rename it to JO - International Conflict and rename Org Joint Ops Typhoon Rising to plain old Joint Ops Typhoon Rising. So, at this point you have two folders:

1. => Joint Ops Typhoon Rising
2. => JO - International Conflict

The International Conflict Mod does not start up via the .exe as most other mods. IC starts like an expansion pack. Therefore it needs a switch command (”/…”). So, you need to modify at the properties of that shortcut… the one I told you to ignore, but not delete.

Remember, I have a separate external drive for games. So, I modified mine as follows:

1. Target Line:

=> "C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising\jointops.exe" /exp ic
Modified To
=> “K:\Program Files\NovaLogic JO - International Conflict \jointops.exe" /exp ic

2. Modified Start In Line:

=> "C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising"
Modified To
=>"K:\Program Files\NovaLogic\ JO - International Conflict"

Don’t forget to click Apply and Ok at the end. Place this shortcut wherever and rename it to JO IC4 418 Mod. So, test it out and make sure everything works correctly.

Expect no loading animation or sound. IC has a brownish picture of a tank and then cuts to a menu with a dirt street with buildings. All that can be changed, but lets just live with it for now. So, when the menu is reached, there should be “IC Mod 4.18” in tiny print in the lower right-hand side… if yes, continue testing and join a server. Note that you will most likely have to re-enter your login password even though it looks like it is already there.

Ok, got that working? Good… because there’s more.

IC does not come packaged with a Map Editor (MED). The good news is that I found one and it installs easily. I downloaded DFX MED to JO IC4 from DFReload.com, where you do not have to register to download.

JOIC MED Install:

First, you’ll want the full installation package… DFX Med To JO:IC4.

1. Make a copy of the JO - International Conflict folder
2. Rename the copy to JO - IC 418 Mapping
3. Install into the JO - IC 418 Mapping folder

The process produces a shortcut called X MED for IC and it is a red/white icon, but that just starts the MED.

You are going to want a shortcut to start the game from the JO - IC 418 Mapping folder. So make a copy of the JO IC4 418 Mod shortcut and modify its Target and Start-In lines.

Remember, I have a separate external drive for games. So, I modified mine as follows:

1. Target Line:

=> “K:\Program Files\NovaLogic JO - International Conflict \jointops.exe" /exp ic
Modified To
=> "K:\Program Files\NovaLogic\JO - IC4 418 Mapping\jointops.exe" /exp ic

=> "K:\Program Files\NovaLogic\ JO - International Conflict"
Modified To
=>"K:\Program Files\NovaLogic\JO - IC4 418 Mapping"

Don’t forget to click Apply and Ok at the end. Place this shortcut wherever and test it out and make sure everything works correctly.
======================================================================

Regarding the 1.6.9.2 EXE:

The up to date EXE is 1.7.5.7 EXE. However, some hosts and servers use a 1.6.9.2 EXE. Switching would mean that you would only be able to play on IC servers running the 1.6.9.2 EXE. So I made a separate folder for the IC Mod running the 1.6.9.2 EXE be made. This allows for the preservation of the up-to-date version and the 1.6.9.2 version.

Assuming that you have the same folder layout as I do by following the install directions previously stated above, then simply make a copy of the JO IC 418 Mapping folder and you get:

- Copy of JO IC 418 Mapping

Then just rename the folder to JO IC 418 1692.

Now obtain the 1.6.9.2 EXE and just replace the JO.EXE inside the “JO - IC4 418 1692" folder.

Don’t forget to click Apply and Ok at the end. Place this shortcut wherever and test it out and make sure everything works correctly.

You must then re-install “DFX Med To JO:IC4” even though it copies over what you have.

First, you’ll want the full installation package “DFX Med To JO:IC4.” When it asks for a install location, point it to the “JO IC 418 1692”folder.

The process produces a shortcut called X MED for IC and it is a red/white icon, but that just starts the MED. Obviously you need to rename it to something meaningful such as “X-MED IC 418 1692.”

You are going to want a shortcut to start the game from the JO IC 418 1692 folder. So make a copy of the JO IC4 418 Mod shortcut which you should already have and modify its Target and Start-In lines.

1. Target Line:

=> "K:\Program Files\NovaLogic\JO - International Conflict\jointops.exe" /exp ic
Modified To
=> "K:\Program Files\NovaLogic\JO - IC4 418 1692\jointops.exe" /exp ic

=> "K:\Program Files\NovaLogic\JO - International Conflict"
Modified To
=> "K:\Program Files\NovaLogic\JO - IC4 418 1692"

http://webportjunction.xtreemhost.com/
http://www.webportjunction.x10.mx/
http://mmgaming.forumotions.net/
"Ask me again and I'll deny everything."
AKMARK5000

View user profile http://webportjunction.xtreemhost.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top